I started the 2013 Year of Specialty Stitches alphabet sampler chart ages ago, but I got a bit ahead of the schedule, so I decided to put it down for a little while (here’s a & b and c to i). Well, that “little while” turned into several months and suddenly I realized that I should probably get back on board and finish the piece. I took it with me on my vacation (so, now it smells a bit like campfire, despite the fact that I sat well away from the fire), and didn’t get very much done, but at least I got it started.
Then, one night while watching movies and trying to pretend like I wasn’t super annoyed by not having any internet), I worked on J. J is for the Jessica stitch. It’s also for J*@%$ and J$*!&# (otherwise know as completely made up swear words starting with J).
This stitch was a pain in the neck on so many levels. First, it was a bit of a pain to figure out. But, I took it slow and soon found the pattern and motered along. It was also a bit of a pain to do, especially when you have to fight to get up through the correct hole, which is more and more difficult as you progress).
Then, I relized that I started the first one too low, so I had to take out two. It was a pain to stitch. It was even more of a pain to unstitch. Argh!
But, I percevered and finished the block. The stitch looks really cool, but, om my god, I thought I was going to through things. Chocolate happened. It kept me going.
I would like to say that I will never do that stitch again, but, like I said, it looks really cool. I think that it would be easier on a looser weave of linen.